November!

Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Time sure has got away from me these past few weeks. Oh... it's been a month? Oh dear.

Since my last post we had Thanksgiving, a Royal Visit from my parents, and a huge dump of snow. Where do I start?

Thanksgiving went great. Drove down to S. Alberta to Bear's folk's house for the weekend. His brothers were there so Bear reverted to a 12 year old and it was most amusing to watch. The boys, plus their dad, built an arbour to prevent the eavestrough from spilling water on the walkway and have it freeze in the winter. I am a victim of this ice, so I was pretty happy to see a resolution as well as to see the boys working together to create an awesome structure!
As per Thanksgiving tradition, I ate too much still paying for it, one day my pants will fit again. The food was great, company was greater, all in all, a great weekend.

The next weekend my parents made their Saskatchewan debut. First visit to the Homestead! I was excited and nervous my cousins affectionately call my mom Auntie Septic, and for good reason! The visit was short and sweet. I prepared a Thanksgiving dinner and even made an ice cream cake for my dad's birthday. It was awesome. I took my parents on a tour around our 'hood that consisted of a drive to the N. Saskatchewan river and Turtleford to visit the giant turtle. Dad seemed pretty impressed at the view "you can see for miiiiiiles!". He took LOVELY pictures of the area and of our acreage. I'll insert some pictures throughout this post for your viewing pleasure.

We drank homemade Raspberry wine, played cards, Dad attempted Bear's out-of-tune guitar, ate, shared and loved. It was a great visit. I look forward to the next family visit at the home!

Time since then has been filled with work and snowy days. I'm attempting to knit. So far I am rocking the square no-frills dishcloth. A knitting prodigy, I tell ya! Much practice is needed, but it looks like a long winter so I'm sure I'll be well versed by the end of it!

The Turtle of Turtleford, and my folks!
Christmas preparations have started too. So far I have 15 of 55 cards made. Those 15 took me HOURS to complete, so I see this as being another snowy night activity, when I am sick of knitting, of course.

 Oh OH! I just remembered... I went to my first CFL game! It was cold, but I was a proud Riders fan! We lost, but I also lost my voice from the cheering. What a fun thing to do! I wasn't much of a football fan. Cheer for the ol' Riders when Bear decides to watch/listen to the game but that was about it. Once you're in the crowd as the 13th man, boy, you really get fired up!

I think that's the most summarized retelling of the last month. I'm hoping to keep up with this blog, but please forgive me if I forget a post or two... or eight. I must start trying new things again so I can tell you of my misadventures!


-xo

Comments