Reflections

Well, survived another Thanksgiving weekend foodathon and I am STUFFED. So was the turkey!

Bear and I travelled south to his parent's house where we enjoyed the company of his parents, youngest brother, and extended family. They are such a great group of people; I truly enjoy spending time with them. We ate delicious food, sang songs of old and new what does the fox say?! and had a lot of laughs. A great weekend. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too.




This weekend was bittersweet too. Although I spent it with wonderful company, I was also homesick. I miss my family back home and was oh so happy to be able to Skype with them for a few moments on the holiday that brings families together. Not only was it Thanksgiving, but also this weekend marks the 2 year anniversary of me heading out of my comfort zone, on my own, and out to the prairies. Oh my gosh I didn't leave a thing behind. Of course I am glad I made the change, but at times I  think about how life would be different if I had stayed on the Island. Would Bear and I still be together long-distance? What would I do for work? How would I have changed?

These two years have taught me lessons I would not have learned on the Island, and for that, I am grateful. Change is hard, but change brings growth in ways you cannot imagine. Who would have thought I'd be growing vegetables and preserve them in little jars in the Autumn? Not this chicka circa 2010! Who would have thought that I'd grow to enjoy the smell of hay? Eww, that's like, raunchy grass. Who would have thought I'd have a cute home on large land with an adorable puppy and a good man by my side? Years ago Kelly Clarkson's "Miss Independent" was my theme. Commitment? BAH! I'm not the same girl that left the Island. I've grown and matured hey, hey, I have, just not to a fully functioning adult yet. I'm still me, but improved. And I will always be improving.

X

*inhale* *exhale* ahhhhh, hay.


P.S. A fun game to play while waiting for the Turkey to come out of the oven: Think of popular song lyrics or title and change the words "baby" or "crazy" to "gravy".
For example, and my favourites:


  • Hit me Gravy, one more time - Britney Spears
  • Maybe Gravy - Buddy Holly
  • Gravy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
  • Gravy Love - The Supremes
  • Gravy Beluga - Raffi
  • Gravy - Patsy Cline
  • Gravy on You - Heart
I think you get the hint... post your lyrics in the comments!



Comments